Recovery to favour condos
|Recovery to favour condos|
|BANGKOK POST Issued date 11 November 2011|
| Residential project launches for the rest of the quarter are likely to remain subdued because of current unfavourable sentiment and logistics, says real estate firm Colliers International Thailand.|
Unlike last year, when buyers jumped straight into the market after the Bangkok political riots ended, many will be cautious about making a big decision to purchase property until ongoing events have ended and flood impacts are analysed, says the company's managing director Patima Jeerapaet.
"The full story will need to be known before buyers come rushing in again,and developers will also need to reevaluate projects," he said.
The decision whether to purchase landed property or a high-rise condominium will probably favour the latter,but at any rate people will seek areas less prone to floods.
Despite long delays in buyers returning to the market, pent-up demand should increase and eventually lead to a significant number of launches.
Tony Picon, an associate director at Colliers, predicts that condominiums will be more popular than ever after the floods.
"You could find families encouraging one of their number to purchase a condominium unit and even help in financing, as it would then function as a backup residence," Mr Picon said.
At the high-income end, the same reasoning could add to the trend of second homes in resorts such as Hua Hin or Pattaya.
While high-rises will prove more popular, landed property will remain a strong presence in the city. Innovative designs may be employed to allow water to run off quickly.
View : 642
- 11 Nov, 2012
- THE EVOLUTION OF THE CAPITAL'S MUSHROOMING COMMERCIAL DISTRICTS
- 21 Sep, 2012
- SUNNY OUTLOOK FOR CONDOS BY THE SEA
- 04 Jul, 2012
- Two foreign investors eye condo market Projects worth B6bn on Ratchada, On Nut
- 04 Jul, 2012
- Thailand poised to be hub for investors in infrastructure-poor Myanmar
- 20 Jun, 2012
- Foundation Stone Laying Ceremony at Baan Thew Talay
- 29 Apr, 2012
- CONDOMINIUM DEVELOPERS 'LOWERING' THEIR SIGHTS
- 27 Apr, 2012
- Condo market strong in first quarter
- 19 Apr, 2012
- Siamese Asset to develop two ne condo projects
- 10 Apr, 2012
- โตเกียวนำโด่งค่าเช่า โกดังแพงสุดในโลก
- 01 Apr, 2012
- LIFE'S A BEACH FOR CONDO MARKETS IN PATTAYA AND HUA HIN
- 02 Apr, 2012
- Budget, mid-range hotels to boom as new markets emerge
- 24 Mar, 2012
- INVESTORS IN BURMA FACE BIG OBSTACLES
Manager | Marketing & Communications | Thailand
Tel: +662 656 7000
Fax: +662 656 7111
Moblie: +6684 387 7760